Hey, read some!
- 17 Jun 2021 Optical size, the hidden superpower of variable fonts
- 11 Feb 2021 Wakamai Fondue on the command line: never write font CSS again!
- 03 Aug 2020 Dev diary #003: Sprechen sie Wakamai Fondue?
- 06 Jul 2020 Dev diary #002: Scaffolding and figuring outing
- 30 Jun 2020 Dev diary #001: Hello world, Wakamai Fondue?
- 25 Oct 2019 Boiling eggs and fixing the variable font inheritance problem
- 04 Sep 2019 You've gotten old, bulletproof @font-face syntax. Time to retire!
- 18 Jan 2019 Creating Fontself Catapult, a color font publishing platform
- 11 Nov 2018 Extra, extra! Read all about it! (Once our webfonts have finished downloading)
- 07 Dec 2017 Silly hover effects and the future of web typography
- 21 Sep 2017 How Github became the web's largest font piracy site (and how to fix it)
- 08 Dec 2016 Saving the internet 2000 terabytes a day: fixing Font Awesome's fonts
- 14 Nov 2016 Blackout: breaking browsers with a font
- 07 Jun 2016 ComicSans.conf, or: fonts have settings too
- 09 Mar 2016 Building Bixa Color, a color font for the web
- 26 Feb 2015 Sans Bullshit Sans: leveraging the synergy of ligatures
- 07 Jun 2014 Compyx: creating a multicolor 8‑bit font for browsers
- 19 May 2014 Colorful typography on the web: get ready for multicolor fonts
- 06 Feb 2014 Super semantic multicolor font icons in pure CSS
- 15 Dec 2013 CSS3 C64, a Commodore 64 demo in your browser
- 20 Nov 2013 How to be absolutely, positively, double definitely sure your web font renders
Projects on the side
- Wakamai Fondue – What can my font do?
- Mr. Poo – World's first animated color emoji font, and it's 💩
- Font Falsehoods – Falsehoods programmers believe about fonts
- LapisLegit – A stress test OpenType SVG font
- ChromaCheck – Does your browser do color fonts yet?
- Bixa Color – Bringing color to web typography!
- Sans Bullshit Sans – Product site for my contribution to the world of fonts
- CSS3 C64 – A Commodore 64 intro/demo/cracktro in pure CSS, no 6510 added
Words written elsewhere
- How to use fonts in your hybrid mobile app – Check, optimise and embed fonts in Cordova-based apps
- Variable Fonts: the Future of (Web) Type – My thoughts on super cool new font tech
Speaking and stuttering
- X-Treme Font Performance – A talk on sane and insane font performance
- Exploding emoji and other experiments in web typography – A talk about variable color fonts at TYPO Berlin in 2017
- Boxes of Pixels – My talk about color fonts at #Dynfntday 2016 in München
- I ◻ webfonts – Introduction to fonts on the web (Fronteers meeting talk, in Dutch)
Hi there! You are visitor number